Today is World Autism Awareness Day and I would like to do my part. You can read all about it here.
As all illnesses and inflictions that aren’t visible I would just like to encourage everyone to be open minded and not try to judge to quickly. I try to live my life not judging people when I haven’t walked in their shoes. I’m not always successful, but I try my best.
Excerpt from http://www.autismspeaks.org :
“The following “red flags” may indicate your child is at risk for an autism spectrum disorder. If your child exhibits any of the following, please don’t delay in asking your pediatrician or family doctor for an evaluation:
- No big smiles or other warm, joyful expressions by six months or thereafter
- No back-and-forth sharing of sounds, smiles or other facial expressions by nine months
- No babbling by 12 months
- No back-and-forth gestures such as pointing, showing, reaching or waving by 12 months
- No words by 16 months
- No meaningful, two-word phrases (not including imitating or repeating) by 24 months
- Any loss of speech, babbling or social skills at any age”
Early intervention and treatment can be so helpful for the individual growing up.
The color for Autism is blue so I did a blue mani with a lot of my favorites. First a gradient of Essie polishes from their wedding collection 2014, ‘Meet the parents’, ‘Got engaged!’ and ‘Love every minute’. On top of that I used nailvinyls for a chevron with the gorgeous ILNP ‘Birefringence H’ and added a cute teddy bear from Hex Nail Jewelry.
I hope you like it and that you send an extra thought to those with autism.