Hello! I decided to recreate the plaid pattern from the mix and match easter mani I did. But I didn’t want to totally copy myself so I used other colors and a softer shades. Here I have Essie ‘Got engaged’ and ‘Love every minute’ from the 2014 wedding collection. So pretty and super soft pink shades. Totally love them, especially ‘Love every minute’. They are a bit sheer, but nice formula and they level out nicely on the second or third coat.
- Paint your base with as many layers as needed. Let dry completely. I use HK Girl Glisten & Glow top coat in between to make it dry faster.
- Use tape to make the pattern, I use nailvinyls in the single chevron but you can use strips of tape just as well.
- Paint the next coat in your next color, remove the tape immediately and pull in the same direction as the tape to minimize smearing.
- Take a thin nail art brush and paint little squares where the tape has left crosses, in another color. I used Essie ‘Meet the parents’.
- Use a striper brush to do thin lines of another color in the middle of the existing lines. I used white.
- Paint the chicken in the middle of the squares.
- If your top coat usually smears your designs, make sure you wait before putting it on. With the HK Girl I can top coat right away using a gentle hand, and it doesn’t drag the color underneath.
- Clean up around your cuticles with a flat/angled brush with acetone. Go gently so you don’t clean off to much!
I hope this helped in any way. If you have any questions feel free to ask.