I did another bestie twin nails with Danielle. We were inspired by a Cath Kidston flower pattern and I love how they came out. So summery and cute.
- I started with a base of Essie ‘Baby’s breath’ and added dots with OPI ‘Kiss me I’m Brazilian’.
- After that I top coated and added a matte top coat to make my acrylic color stick better. If you use nail polish you can skip this step all together. This is the step that makes the design float a little from the background and makes it look 3D.
- Paint the flower shapes with the acrylic paint, add petals and stems.
- Go back with the accentuating colors to create contrasts.
- Top coat.
- Clean up with acetone on flat/angled brush around your cuticles.
This is another design that seems hard before you try it, but if you do one nail at a time it’s not that complicated. If you use acrylic paint and top coat before you start, there is always the possibility to go back and clean up the acrylics with water and start over. So don’t be afraid to try.
I hope you don’t get tired of seeing my flower designs, because I just love doing them. And they make me feel girly and pretty.
Don’t forget to check out Danielle’s on Instagram. I love hers and she is the master at taking gorgeous pictures to really show off her designs.