I loved my watercolor apples so much I decided on a strawberry counterpart. This time I opted for a slightly more subtle look with Essie’s ‘Romper room’ as my base color. This technique is so fun and gives you room for creativity and mistakes, it isn’t all that important how you do it since it’s supposed to look a bit ‘messy’. This soft pink is a favorite of mine but a bit hard to capture in photos since it’s so subtle, in some lights it’s hard to see the pink.
- The base color is Essie ‘Romper Room’.
- I mattified it with Essie ‘Matte about you’ to make the acrylic paint stick a little better.
- Dilute the acrylic paint with a lot of water so you can make blobs of color on the nails, let it sit for maybe 30 seconds and then soak up the extra water with a dry brush.
- I paint two or three at a time so I have time to go back and soak up the extra water without them drying to fast.
- I fill in with darker red and paint stems and leaves with green. Repeating the soaking up process. I added some extra random dots too.
- I painted some seeds with brown, but not to many. This design isn’t supposed to be precise.
- Finish off with top coat and clean up around your cuticles using a flat/angled brush dipped in acetone.