This is a design that I made in a mani swap with Danielle @nailsbydaniellet, I loved hers so much that I really wanted to recreate them. She originally got the inspiration from Mr Candiipants and did her own twist to them. It’s such a fun technique where you are free to use your own imagination and doesn’t require a lot of precision. Of course you can use acrylic paint but I like the stickiness of polishes for this design.
Here are the colors I used:
- OPI I Love Applause
- OPI Fiercely Fiona
- H&M Want a lemon
- Essie Find me an oasis
- Essie Truth or flare
- Essie Hide & go chic
- Essie The more the merrier
- OPI Amazon…Amazoff
Tools you need is just a nail art brush that doesn’t have to be very fine since it’s going to be used in a dabbing, dotting motion.
So here is a tutorial for how I do them.
- Start off with painting your base color, here I used OPI I Love Applause.
- Then take the lightest yellow on your nail art brush and dab it on with making a circular shape out of the dabs. Don’t worry about making it pretty, it will come together in the end. Here I used H&M Want a lemon.
- Take your next color and dab it over the first. Don’t cover it all up. Using different shades of yellow gives the flower more dimension. Here I used a slightly darker yellow OPI Fiercely Fiona.
- Repeat the dabbing with the colors for the flower. Here I do a blue flower and I start with the lightest color first, and I don’t cover up the layers with my next color but keep some space for the different colors to peek through. Colors used for the flowers are Essie Find me an oasis, Truth or flare and Hide & go chic.
- When I’m done with the flowers I paint some leaves blending my two green colors Essie The more the merrier and OPI Amazon…Amazoff. I also use the darker color to paint a smaller line in the leaf to create some dimension.
- Finish off with your favorite top coat and you are good to go!
Have fun with it and don’t be afraid to experiment. You can always go back with a lighter color to correct if you are over zealous with a darker color.