I’m loosely inspired by an artist on IG called @hestianails and I took her gel design and modified it for me, using nail polish and acrylic paint. When I see all these amazing artists doing beautiful gel/acrylic designs I really want to learn with those materials too. Maybe I will one day, but for now I will have to make do with the products I know how to use.
As before I’m fascinated by the watercolor look, and this time added some bling to complement the soft flowers. I received some gorgeous ss 14 Swarovskis from PinkNovelera that sparkle like crazy. Usually I don’t bling my manis much, so this is different for me. But I really like it and I can see myself doing something similar if I’m dressing up.
Here is how I did it:
- Base is Essie ‘Baby’s breath’.
- I then diluted my acrylic paint with a lot of water and painted one petal at a time, soaking up excess water with a dry brush in between petals.
- I used both dark blue and purple and let the petals overlap in places. I also added some mint green shapes of some kind.
- I added some lines in the middle to create depth to the flowers.
- After that I blobbed on some top coat and added some bling with my wax picker. Swarovskis and caviar beads placed at random to make it a little bit haphazard.
- Top coat, clean up around your cuticle lines with a flat/angled brush dipped in acetone!
Good luck and have fun with this design!