I’ve been doing some holo manis lately and taking advantage of the sunshine. So this time I made a gradient out of three holographic polishes from ILNP; Princeton, 1st & 15th and Rehab. And on top of that I added random feathers with acrylic paint. I’ve never attempted life like feathers like this before but I’m so pleased with how they came out. Especially the thumb and pinkie.
This is how I did it:
- I paint the outline of my feather first with pretty well diluted acrylic paint.
2. I fill in with “feather”-like brush strokes, excuse the pun 😉
3. It’s easiest to make them thin and translucent first and then go over the design again where needed. Instead of piling on thick from the start. This way the thin feathers will be noticeable.
4. I end with some stray feathers in the bottom to make it fluffier.
5. Top coat and you are good to go! I use HK Girl from Glisten & Glow:
Hope you enjoy this and good luck!